Choral Evensong has been central to our work ever since our formation in 2013. Alongside the exciting projects which the choir undertakes each term, Evensong remains at the heart of who we are and what we do.
We are so fortunate to be able to sing day by day in one of the world's finest acoustics for choral music, supported by the fine Mander organ, in the glorious Victorian gothic splendour of our College Chapel. Our repertoire ranges from early Renaissance to the present day, and takes in substantial works by major composers: the motets of JS Bach have featured regularly in our Evensongs, for instance. We are passionate advocates for contemporary music, and have commissioned at least one new work every year, including several pieces over the years written by our students.
We are delighted that we will be able to welcome you back to Chapel for services. Services are held in Chapel during University Full Term dates. Tickets are not required for our services. We will try to be as ‘back to normal’ as possible, but please take note of the following:
- Evensong and Eucharist Services will resume their normal weekly pattern from Tuesday 26 April 2022
- Please do not come to Chapel if you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of Covid 19
- There are hand sanitizer stations at entry points into the Chapel, please use them when entering the Chapel
- You may wish to wear a face coverings inside the Chapel.
- In accordance with Church of England guidance the common cup is now restored: communion will be offered in both kinds. It is understood that not everyone will wish to receive from the chalice, and you should feel entirely free not to do so.
- Visitor access to the College is limited to the Chapel only. Please enter the College via the Great Gate or Forecourt Gate
These arrangements will be kept under review as term progresses. Thank you for your co-operation in maintaining them, and we look forward very much to seeing you soon.